The wonderful Betty Jean reminded me this morning of how bad the caucus fraud was in January and February. Here’s a long snippet from the Clinton campaign’s complaint to the Nevada state party chair.
“The Committee” refers to the Hillary for President campaign committee.
Don’t forget, Pumas. The Obama campaign really DID steal the caucuses. They really, really did suppress, intimidate, and flat-out CHEAT their way to “victory.” It’s much more difficult to pull off this sort of crap in a federal election. But they’ll do WHATEVER they can to try. Giving $195 MILLION dollars to the mainstream media helps quite a bit too, of course. Jennifer Brunner in Ohio is helping too. Looks like Ed Rendell is a pretty good guy — there is NO intimation of any funny business in Pennsylvania (other than the ACORN shenanigans in Philadelphia, which isn’t coming from the governor).
Go to Pennsylvania with Harriet this weekend. Bus leaves Penn Station at 9am and returns by 9pm, Saturday and Sunday.
The next 11 days are going to get uglier by the hour. People hate us. They are outraged that we are still resisting. We’re doing EXACTLY what we said we were going to do on June 7th (read it again HERE for motivation). We’re here. Still Democrats, still outraged, STILL NOT VOTING FOR OBAMA.
I’ve heard that the msm is claiming we don’t exist anymore. That the PUMAS have all either given up or decided to vote Obama. Ha!
Have I mentioned that the obama campaign has PAID OFF THE MEDIA TO THE TUNE OF $195MILLION DOLLARS?
Not a crime, and I’m not claiming it is (although I feel pretty darn confident that when the FEC investigations are complete, some time in 2010 or so, we’ll learn just how CORRUPTED the obama donation machine was.) But, the bottom line is it’s been Christmas every day for the mainstream media ever since obama came to town and the one universal charecteristic of gravy trains, whether on Wall Street or in the offices of ACORN, is that nobody wants them to stop.
So. Take a long walk off a short pier Mainstream Media. More people read this blog today than they did in June, July, or August. Our numbers are through the roof. And thousands more find us every week.
We’ve had four million visits in 4 and a half months. More than HALF of those visited AFTER the convention.
So. Dream on Mainstream Media. The Pumas are here, and we’re not going away. Not until we have our own media, our own candidates, and our Democratic Party back.
“The Committee wishes to bring to your attention information we have received evidencing a premeditated and predesigned plan by the Obama campaign to engage in systematic corruption of the Party’s caucus procedures. Compounding this blatant distortion of the caucus rules was an egregious effort by the Obama campaign to manipulate the voter registration process in its own favor, thereby disenfranchising countless voters. Finally, the Committee has received a vast number of reliable reports of voter suppression and intimidation by the Obama campaign or its allies.
The Committee had 30 phone lines on Saturday to receive calls in its Las Vegas offices. These lines rang continuously from early morning until well after the caucuses concluded with reports from people who were victimized and who observed irregularities. The phone lines were so over-whelmed that many callers resorted to calling individual Committee staff cell phones to report that they could not get through. The Committee also received many similar calls at its national headquarters.
The Committee is confident that any investigation into the conduct of the caucuses will be thorough, fair and in the interest of insuring that future Party caucuses will be as open and democratic as possible.
Systematic Corruption of the Party’s Caucus Procedures
The Committee received substantially similar reports of improprieties of such a number as to leave no conclusion but that the Obama campaign and its allies and supporters engaged in a planned effort to subvert the Party’s caucus procedures to its advantage. For example:
- Preference cards were premarked for Obama.
- Clinton supporters were denied preference cards on the basis that none were left, while Obama supporters at the same caucus sites were given preference cards.
- Caucus chairs obviously supporting Obama:
- Deliberately miscounted votes to favor Senator Obama.
- Deliberately counted unregistered persons as Obama votes.
- Deliberately counted young children as Obama votes.
- Refused to accept preference cards from Clinton supporters who were at the caucus site by noon on the ground that the cards were not filled out fast enough.
- Told Clinton supporters to leave prior to electing delegates.
- Clinton supporters who arrived late were turned away from the caucus, while late Obama supporters were admitted to the caucus.
Manipulation of the Voter Registration Process
Numerous reports received by the Committee demonstrate a concerted effort on the part of the Obama campaign and its supporters to prevent eligible voters supporting a candidate other than Senator Obama from caucusing. The Obama supporters complained of were acting in positions of authority at the caucus sites. Some of these reports are as follows:
- Obama supporters wrongly informed Clinton supporters that they were not allowed to participate in the caucus if their names were not on the voter rolls. However, Obama supporters whose names did not appear on the voter rolls were permitted to register at the caucus site.
- Obama supporters falsely informed Clinton supporters that no registration forms were available for them to register to vote at the caucus site.
- Obama supporters wrongly told Clinton supporters who were attempting to caucus at the wrong precinct that they could not caucus at that site, while simultaneously permitting Obama supporters at the wrong precinct to participate.
- Obama supporters were allowed to move to the front of the registration and sign-in line.
Voter Suppression and Intimidation
The Committee received a substantial number of disturbing reports from voters that they had been subject to harassment, intimidation or efforts to prevent them from voting. Some of the most egregious of these complaints are described below:
- Voters at at-large caucus sites were informed that those sites were for Obama supporters only.
- Clinton supporters at at-large caucus sites were told that their managers would be watching them while they caucused.
- Workers were informed that their supervisors kept lists of Clinton and Obama supporters, and were told that they could not caucus unless their name was on the list of Obama supporters.
- Many Clinton supporters were threatened with employment termination or other discipline if they caucused for Senator Clinton.
- Workers were required to sign a pledge card to support Obama if they wanted time off to participate in the caucus.
- Workers at one casino were offered a lavish lunch and permitted to attend and register to vote only if they agree to support Obama.
The complaints summarized above represent only a small sample of the complaints received by the Committee. With respect to each of these complaints and many more, the Committee has the names and phone numbers of those reporting these incidents and the specific precinct numbers where the incidents occurred. Upon request the Committee will share these with the Party with appropriate safeguards to protect these individuals from reprisal. On the whole, these reports show a troubling effort by the Obama campaign and its allies and supporters to advance their own campaign at the expense of the right of all Nevada Democrats to participate in the democratic process in a free, fair and open manner.